THE GOAL OF TEAM COACHING
Team and group coaching are change-supporting and developmental tools. These are focused to a current problem present in the life of the organization, or a running project. The goal of team coaching is to harmonize and develop the collective skills, improve collaborational inclinations, enhance effectivity in individual, group level and organization level in orader to attain a shared, accepted, and supportable goal.
The regular use of team coaching is the base of sustainable and constant improvement. Mutual knowledge sharing and creative answer seeking are resulting in a flexibly adapting behavior, what gives an effective answer to the changing environmental and economical challenges.
WHEN IS TEAM-COACHING RECOMMENDED?
- integrating a recently appointed leader into the group
- managing projects, fine tuning complex professional projects
- change management
- performance relapses, motivational downturns, crysis management
- followup trainings and deepening the professional development
THROUGH THE COACHING PROCESSES
Through team coaching processes the coach helps with varied and situation-dependent methodologies the present team-group members to get real world experience on their and their collegues dynamics, recognizing the importance of empathy, acceptance, and understanding. Collective powers and the recognized motivational factors cocreate the opportunity for a new, creative solution to be born.
Team/group coaching – independently of the focus of the imrpovement – the most important team management questions can come to surface, which when clearly seen and communicated is essential to effective teamwork.
It might be the following:
- honest, open communication, action; credibility as a leader and member,
- the role and position of the individual in the team, defining the group, and the internal roles clearly
- clear goal and task definition
- determining clear functional structures and frameworks
- the individual and the group engagement (uncovering the hidden reasons when the lack exists) to the goal, project, group, and organization
- trust: self confidence, and confidence in each other, confidence in the organization, the need and existence of support
- understanding individual and group interests, harmonization of interests
- undertaking the group and organizational conflicts
- taking responsibility – personal and group level